SOUL is a Christian church that is serious about Jesus. Our desire is to see Jesus' kingdom grow in the City of Hobart and throughout the world, for God's glory and the joy of his people. We meet and worship together, nurture one another, and reach out to the world with Jesus' redeeming love.
Who We are
SOUL is a Christian church that is serious about Jesus. We believe Jesus is the Son of God who has come into this world to save us from our sin by dying on the cross in our place and rising again so that we might be forgiven of every sin and receive eternal life. Because of who Jesus is and what he has done for us, we are deeply passionate about him. We love and treasure him above all else and seek to live lives serving and honouring him as our Saviour and King.
We are a Presbyterian church which means, among other things, we hold to the Scriptures as our supreme authority in faith and life and to the Westminster Confession of Faith as our subordinate standard. This is our statement of faith.
At SOUL, our deep desire is to see Jesus’ kingdom grow in Hobart and throughout the world for God’s glory and the joy of his people. This means:
- We desire to see Jesus worshiped wholeheartedly by all people.
- We desire to see more people come to know, love and serve Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- We desire to see Jesus’ Church grow in love and holiness.
- We desire to see true justice and mercy in our city and world.
We believe that as these things happen, God will get the glory and we will get the joy!
What We Do
We believe God calls us as a church to do three things.
- Meet and Worship Together
- Nurture one Another
- Reach out to the World with Jesus' Redeeming Love
You can read more about these and what we do at SOUL by clicking here